First mentioned in 1297 when it served as the chapel of a Dominican abbey, the monastery and church were closed during the Reformation in 1523. The building was used for a time as the city’s armoury, until it was taken over by a Lutheran congregation in 1582. During the building’s construction two monks were bricked into the southern wall and lived out their lives there, fed through the window grate.
Open 10:00 -17:00, Sat 16:00 -18:00.
Closed Sun, Mon.
tel. (+371) 67 22 40 28,